Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

Luggage Found

I got a call from the front desk about 10 PM last night that my luggage had arrived. Yippee! I only had to go about 9 hours without. Of course, I have no idea where it went.

Today has been a busy museum day. We started out at the folk museum. The folk museum is a huge open air museum with old wood buildings from all over Norway. Most of the buildings were disassembled and brought to the museum to preserve them. It was really cool.

The second museum was the Viking ship museum. They have two really well preserved Viking ships on display and part of another one. They also had a bunch of other Viking artifacts.

Then it was off the maritime museum, the Kon Tiki museum and the Fram museum. All three featured boats. After awhile, I got a little tired of looking at boats. :) The Kon Tiki was rather silly after seeing the Viking the ships. The Kon Tiki museum featured two boats that were recreated primitive boats that some famous Norwegian guy sailed in. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so tired, Greg doesn't agree. He thought it was a waste of time.

We went back downtown after that and rested. The jet lag is still kicking my butt and I'm not quite on Norwegian time yet. It's only three more hours till I get go to sleep.

Comments:
So glad you got your luggage back!
 
Forget the Viking ships, have you seen any trolls? They're from there you know?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home