Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Oslo - My Top Three

The first stop on our honeymoon was Oslo, Norway. And even though the airline lost my bag, I still really enjoyed the city. Here’s my top three list.

One. The Vikingskiphuset or the Viking Ship Museum. This museum has two excellently preserved Viking ships. The reason they are so well preserved is that the boats were never used as they were burial boats. There is also a third boat that isn’t as well preserved.



Two. The folkemuseum or the Folk Museum. This was our first experience with an open air museum in Scandinavia. The museum has collected buildings from through out Norway and reassembled them in one location. There are old buildings from all over Norway.





Including an 800 year old Stave Church.



Three. Frognerparken with Vigeland’s sculptures and museum. I took so many photos here that the park is going to require a post of its own. Basically Oslo bribed Gustav Vigeland to come back to the city by offering him a big studio and an even bigger park to display his work in. The results were amazing.



Once I get all my photos of the park uploaded, I’ll post all about the park and museum.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home